Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How Asics Lost Me As A Customer

If you read my very first post about Minimalist Shoes, you already know that before this experiment I bought Asics every six months.  I'm still trying to find concrete info on the matter, but it seems that when I started seeing changes in the wear pattern on my shoes, and the reaction of my hip, may line up with when Asics "reinvented" their women's shoes.  They completely changed the cushioning, fit, and rumor says they increased the heel rise as well.  Wearing the old shoes wasn't helping me recover from my health issues, but wearing the new shoes made my health worse and kicked me into minimalisim with full force.

And no, finding other "supportive" shoes was not really an option.  I'd tried to find alternatives to Asics previously, and found only one other supportive shoe that (kind of) fits my foot, a cheap shoe that wore out every 4 months instead of 6.

I'm a little bit mad that Asics put me through a year of intense pain with these changes, but coming out the other side I'm grateful that I got my eyes opened to what supportive shoes were doing to my health, and allowed me to make the changes I needed to become a more active and healthy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment