- Work all day in pain on sitting or standing, bite back the tears and bad attitude
- Get home, lay down long enough for the hips to relax
- Try to get up and get a few chores done, stop when legs are too sore to hold me up
- Take painkillers and muscle relaxants to help me sleep.
My new life (yesterday):
- Get up and do 5 minutes of exercise with Wii Fit.
- Go to work, take frequent stretch breaks
- Get up and walk the 1/4 mile trip to the other building and back while waiting for tests to run.
- Go home, do a bunch of chores
- Do another 5 minutes of exercise with Wii Fit for a break
- Do more chores
- Do another 5 minutes of exercise with Wii Fit
- Go to bed without any pain meds
I'm hardly a runner or fitness guru, but for me it is worlds better. I'm actually a little bit sore from yesterday's burst of activity, but at no time did I have to stop because of pain, and I can still do my minimum 5 minutes today.