Thursday, May 17, 2012

Feeling Stronger

My old life (2009) :

  • Work all day in pain on sitting or standing, bite back the tears and bad attitude
  • Get home, lay down long enough for the hips to relax
  • Try to get up and get a few chores done, stop when legs are too sore to hold me up
  • Take painkillers and muscle relaxants to help me sleep.
My new life (yesterday):
  • Get up and do 5 minutes of exercise with Wii Fit.
  • Go to work, take frequent stretch breaks
  • Get up and walk the 1/4 mile trip to the other building and back while waiting for tests to run.
  • Go home, do a bunch of chores
  • Do another 5 minutes of exercise with Wii Fit for a break
  • Do more chores
  • Do another 5 minutes of exercise with Wii Fit
  • Go to bed without any pain meds
I'm hardly a runner or fitness guru, but for me it is worlds better.  I'm actually a little bit sore from yesterday's burst of activity, but at no time did I have to stop because of pain, and I can still do my minimum 5 minutes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment