Saturday, August 6, 2011

Strong Ankles Save The Day

Today I stepped in a hole.  It was a narrow hole, but deep enough that the majority of my foot fell into it.  My heel snagged on solid ground, and the point of my foot went deep into the hole.  My foot contacted bottom, and I stepped forward again.  Not too big of a deal, I was just a bit surprised and the landowner was spooked that I might have hurt myself.  I'm not even sore.  I think a year ago if I had landed a foot in that hole I might have twisted an ankle.  I was even wearing the same clunky shoes I last twisted an ankle in, only my muscle conditioning has changed.

Now, instead of sitting on the couch with an ice pack, I'm rushing through chores waiting for my company to arrive.  Speaking of which, break time is over, it is time to get back up...

No comments:

Post a Comment