Sunday, July 31, 2011

Good For The Soles (Northampton, MA)

My last stop on my recent vacation was Good For The Soles in Northampton, MA.  The recommendation for the store came from someone who lives in Connecticut and drives all the way up to Northampton to shop there. For us, the store was only 20 minutes out of the way off route 90.

I had already bought my Tivas at City Sports, but was still curious enough to stop in.  The store is tiny, but it is packed wall to wall with good minimalist options.  The only noticeable hole was the Merrell Barefoot line, which the owner assured me they were working on getting.

What we purchased:

  • Zem Gear Playa Low, round toe - These were out of stock when I tried to order them from the manufacturer, but Good For The Soles still had a supply.
  • VivoBarefoot Dharma Leather - Hubby has been wearing moccasins full time for over a month now, and now finds it difficult to get back into dress shoes.  He picked these up for client site visits.
  • Injinji Lightweight No-Show Toesocks - I was actually looking for a lightweight crew, but took what was in stock.  My heavier tabi socks bother me when I try to wear them all day, and I wanted to try something lighter weight.
  • Compression Socks - hubby picked these up on a whim, but wasn't too happy with them.  After freeing your toes, it's no longer comfy to confine them.
Other things I looked at:
  • VivoBarefoot Evo & VivoBarefoot Aqua Terra Plana - These two models appeared to have a wider toebox than the other VivoBarefoot options.
  • Inov-8 roasx lite 155
  • Kigo Edge
  • Kigo Curv
The owner did not have in stock yet, but recommended to me the Altra Eve for my needs.

Overall, it was a good shopping experience, and I highly recommend the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment