Wednesday, March 12, 2014

No wonder I'm hungry

I've not really been cooking a ton lately, so I've run out of leftovers dishes in the freezer.  For my work lunch the other day I grabbed a bit of meat and cheese and called it lunch.

I was curious how ketogenic Kielbasa is (some sausages have bread fillers) so I looked it up.

ProductServingsFat grams per servingProtein grams per servingCarb grams per serving
Polska Kielbasa1.81673
Colby Jack1.0961

Total Calories431
% fat Calories77%
Ketogenic ratio203%

It's so ingrained in us that high fat foods have lots of calories, it didn't occur to me to check that I had enough calories when packing my lunch.  431 is well under my target of 600.  Must resist rebalancing at the vending machine, where I'll only find corn chips and candy bars in the gluten free category.  (There are also corn-onion puffs, but they have sulfites in them, which I'm more allergic to than gluten.)  I'll be much better off waiting until supper and having something extra then.

No comments:

Post a Comment