Friday, September 27, 2013

Mozzarella-Tomato Salad

This is my absolute favorite.  There will be no assembled pictures, at lunch I gobble it down as soon as it's made.  In larger batches at parties I tend to let it mellow a few hours or overnight before serving.  If you let it mellow too long, the moisture in the bottom gets milky, which is not as good as straight seasoned oil.


Rough chop one tomato.
Sprinkle with salt and oregano (yes, I keep salt and oregano in my desk at work)
Tear up one small ball of fresh mozzarella cheese.
Pour on 1 tablespoon of olive oil (yes, I keep olive oil in my desk at work)
Stir.  Eat.

For variety you can put other spice mixes in, I like McCormic Perfect Pinch Tuscan Rosemary and Sun-dried Tomato.  Experiment with the salt, a little less than too much really brings out the flavor of the cheese.

ProductServingsFat grams per servingProtein grams per servingCarb grams per serving
Fresh Mozerella8550
Plum Tomato2.870.120.552.41
Olive Oil11400
Total Calories683
% fat Calories72%
Ketogenic ratio187%

No comments:

Post a Comment