Sunday, November 11, 2012

Still Adapting - Hips

Last month I had a rather drastic and quick adaptation to my knees.  Yesterday, I was clambering around in the back of the tuck herding loose groceries towards the tailgate.  As I got myself down, I was feeling grateful for my improved flexibility and balance.  Then about on the second load of bringing groceries in from the car, my "good" hip started complaining in a whole new way.  Felt like a pinched nerve or something.  I let hubby take my last armful so I could hobble into the house without extra encumbrance.  In about 15 minutes later, it passed, and then later in the evening my "bad" side took up the cause.  It also eased in a little while, and I got a good massage in before bed in the evening.

Today the "bad" hip started up again, although not as strange a pain this time, more like it was just under some odd stress.  I tried rocking away to take the weight off it, and it screamed, so I leaned more weight over on it and it felt almost normal.  I always used to lean to the right, now with this adjustment to my hip I'm standing straight up (so says the pendulum) although I feel like I'm leaning to the left.  It will take time to get used to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment