Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Addictive Nature of Shoes

"Can Good, Supportive Shoes Become Addictive?" by Dr. Nirenberg
"The person who had been wearing the supportive shoes finds him or herself with achy, sore feet (and maybe even injury) and quickly decides that they need to get back into their shoes. They are hooked! Worse, as their muscles continue to weaken, they will need increasing amounts of support."
I think my breaking point was when I got to the point where I needed more support, and I could not get that from my old line of shoes any more.  I had to push the big reset button and start over with training my own muscles to hold me up instead of letting them lean against supportive shoes.  It was difficult at first, but my bad hip saw the benefits right away which encouraged me to stick with it through transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment